Enjoy Retirement e-Zine
Volunteers Organizations and Reasons to Volunteer
Volume 2 - Issue 20: 08-02-11
Table of Contents:
- Editor's Comments
- Boost Your Career Using These Top 6 Volunteering Methods
- Volunteers Organizations for Boomers
- Readers' Questions & Answers or Suggestions
1. Editor's Comments:
Welcome! We hope you enjoy this e-zine and would like to have your feedback. The current PASSWORD to access our free e-books is:
PASSION (uppercase only)
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook
2. Boost Your Career Using These Top 6 Volunteering Methods
Volunteers Organizations can provide ways for you to get back in the game, if you are looking for a job. First of all we all feel good when we give ourselves for the benefit of others. It is the right thing to do. You can help others in so many ways and you can help yourself to help your career.
Why do people volunteer? Here are a few reasons to volunteer:
See what ERJ says on our Volunteer Ideas page.
- Fills your passion. - This is one that is near and dear to us at ERJ. Your passion is the guide. It can take you to places that you did not know existed. Identify what you enjoy and LIVE IT.
- Meet others and expand your connections and sphere of influence. - Volunteering provides opportunities to meet new people and new connections that may be able to help you.
- Explore new skills. - Stretch yourself in new roles and become proficient.
- Build your way to a new job through volunteering. - Learn the organization, build relationships and demonstrate your skills.
- Discover a fresh look at challengers. - Get exposed to new ways of managing, brainstorming and problem solving.
3. Volunteers Organizations for Boomers
Here is a list of good volunteer opportunities for Boomers I found at money.howstuffworks.com and can be read in full at this link.
Opportunities exist, we just have to look. Some of the ones that you might enjoy are:
- National Parks Service - It has over 350 parks and established a Volunteers-In-Parks program that helps the public. You could be an On Board Amtrak Train Guide, Visitor Information at San Antonio Missions or others.
- Museum Volunteer - Bring your friendly smile and a passion for art, history and science to become a tour guide, teacher os school groups and more.
- Habitat for Humanity - Volunteer crews build and maintain simple homes for families who need a fresh start.
- Peace Corps - Yes, it is still there and needs volunteers. Share your life experiences that help change the lives of others.
- Senior Companions - With the average life expectancy at 83 years, many could use your help. These are non-medical volunteer positions to relieve overburdened family members.
- Fundraising - Any charitable non-profit organization needs assistance in reaching it goals. Organizing fund raising events brings in donations to help the community.
- Foster Grandparent - Sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service, this is open to those 55 or older who want to be a mentor, role mold or a friend to children who need extra help in school.
- Business Mentor - SCORE brings the experience of retired business executives to offer free consulting services to qualifying entrepreneurs.
- School Volunteer - Elementary, middle and high schools can use your assistance as mentors, classroom aides, reading partners and fundraisers.
Many opportunities exist. If you have others that you would like us to share with our readers, please let us know. Just send in your comments to the Contact Us form.
4. Readers' Questions & Answers or Suggestions
There's an easy way to keep track of everything new at enjoy-retirement-jobs.com. Copy the link below and paste it into your Google Reader, NetNewsWire or your favorite feed reader....
See the impact of SBI on Facebook with their new video.
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
“Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.”
Have an enjoyable August.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR MILITARY PERSONNEL.
Powered by Site Build It!