LinkedIn Login -
Begin Your Connections
Your LinkedIn login is the best place to start your business to business social networking. Begin your LinkedIn training right here and find the 12 tips to help you succeed.
Why go through the LinkedIn login anyway? Do you gain anything? Is it worthwhile? The simple answers is YES!
On your business website, you can add a share button and encourage your website visitors to share your site with their LinkedIn professional audience. For instance, you can click on this share button below and share this page with your own LinkedIn connections, your groups, specific individuals or anyone. Try it.
There has been a great deal of discussion on the internet regarding how beneficial it is for businesses, large and small to have a presence on LinkedIn. What we are trying to do here is to give you a feeling for ways you can use your LinkedIn login and what you can accomplish with it.
If you are looking for opportunities for employment or just want to stay in contact with individuals in your industry or area of interest, LinkedIn is one of the best ways on the internet to accomplish it.
What is LinkedIn?
© LinkedIn Corporation
It is not your normal social networking site.
As stated in the their Learning Center page, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 70 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals. (Be sure to optimize your LinkedIn Profile to be found more easily here
.) It is a social networking site that allows you to:
- power your career, and
- get answers.
Let's go over some of the impressive numbers regarding LinkedIn statistics
and see if these convince you to join and participate. LinkedIn has:
- 101 million members in over 200 countries
- 48 million North America members
- 76% members are in US
- 23 million European members
- 69% of Fortune 100 companies hire through LinkedIn
- More than 1 million companies have LinkedIn Company pages
Gets your attention, doesn't it. If you want more statistics to see how LinkedIn compares to social networks, click here.
Just like any application or item that is valuable, you have to use it to reap the rewards. I wanted to give you a start on linkedin training by mentioning some of the tips you can use to give you a more rewarding experience with LinkedIn. Once you read through these, be sure to go to our LinkedIn Profile to optimize your profile and increase your chances of being found in search engine results.
- Look through the groups that are within your business focus, or the job arena you are looking for and join them. This is where the people visit that you want to get to know. If you target your groups and provide valuable content, you can find some great networking opportunities. It all begins with your LinkedIn login.
- Learn how to use the search tool and create three saved searches. You can save your searches whether you search for a company, a person, industry or anything. After your search results appear, look for the "save this search" button. At the basic level, you can save three searches for free. LinkedIn can provide you with an email weekly to get updates on the searches.
- Groups can be powerful in expanding your network, however, be selective. Look for the Groups tab and select "Groups Directory". On the next page, use Search Groups by selecting "other" from the drop down emu. Find the groups that interest you and join. As a member, you have access to all of the other members of that group. You can then try connecting with the ones that have had frequent interaction with the grope or other criteria.
- You can gain more visibility on the web by using the Question and Answer section. When you answer a question, you can see a "share this" with a drop down menu. Try to Bookmark the question on Delicious, Digg it or email your network. You can link to one of your blog posts or your website to pull in traffic.
Buy at AllPosters.com
- Ask for Recommendations, as they can be very helpful. However, you should make it easy for the recipient to respond positively. Call your contact and ask if they would recommend you. If they agree, then you write the recommendation. In that manner, you are sure that the message you want to send is being published. You could always talk about problems that you have solved, which is the reason people would want to hire someone.
- Visit the LinkedIn Learning Center and its blog. You can find some fantastic tutorials and explanations to make your visit that much easier.
- Use a personal message, rather than the canned LinkedIn wording, when you invite someone to join your network. It is best to say who you are and tell them why you would like to connect with them.
- Export your connections. You can keep your address book up-to-date by going to "Contacts", then "Connections". You will find "Export Connections" at the bottom of the Connections box. After exporting, import them into your address book (Outlook, Salesforce, etc.).
- Share a group with your connections. You can provide value to your community if contribute a group that is on target with you connections. Go to your group and look at the Overview tab. You can find an option to "share group". That way you can send an email to 50 of your connections.
Buy at AllPosters.com
- Use the Answers section creatively. You can find vendors or resources or solve problems. You can also find excellent connections or other target groups. You just may have the best answer for that question, and it can set you apart.
- Check out the "People You May Know" suggestions that show up in the upper right hand corner of the home page. Don't overlook it. Begin connecting with other regularly to truly expand your network.
- Find a couple of LinkedIn Specialists by googling that phrase or look for authors at Amazon. Examine their profiles and duplicate what they have done. That is the way that many businesses and people succeed. They find something that works and do the same thing.
I hope this small bit of LinkedIn training has helped you understand why the LinkedIn login is so valuable. It opens the door to your future. Give it a try and you will succeed. Here is my LinkedIn Profile page.
© LinkedIn Corporation
Set yours up too with a LinkedIn login. You can begin at LinkedIn.com.
It doesn't take long and it is easy to do.
"The first step to getting the things you want out of life
is this: Decide what you want."
~ Ben Stein
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."
~ Sir Winston Churchill
|Learn more about Social Networking:
LinkedIn Profile ~ Social Networking Statistics ~ Baby Boomers Technology
Return from LinkedIn Login to Social Networking
Return from LinkedIn Login to Enjoy Retirement Jobs Home Page