Social Networking Statistics -
How Things are Changing
The latest social networking statistics can be helpful to determine how you make use of your social networking sites. It is important to understand just how social networking can help build your brand and increase your exposure.
The following social networking statistics for 2010 were gathered from Jeremy Owyang of
As he stated in his post, statistics are important, but they don’t always tell the whole story as some social networking analysis should take place.
Data accumulated on some of the more popular social networking sites are:
- Has 750 million users as of August 15, 2011. It has come to dominate the social networking scene in the U.S. Facebook is now in the number two spot ahead of Yahoo as the most popular site in the U.S. with 134 million Unique Visitors in January 2010. Google is still number one.
- Has over 100 million users and has had a significant increase last year especially internationally. Learn how to get started at our LinkedIn Login
page and the best tips to optimize your LinkedIn Profile
- Has 175 million users, but growth rate of new users is slowing. Twitter says is has 50 million tweets that users publish every day. This averages to 600 tweets per second.
- Approximately 2.5 billion videos were embedded in blog posts between July 2009 and December 2009. Bloggers over the age of 35 accounted for 35% of the videos embedded, while those 20 - 35 years of age embedded the most at 57%.Mobile and Desktop Accessing Social Networks
- Mobile devices are more popular for socializing as 91% of mobile device users do utilize them for that purpose. However, 79% of desktop users utilize their equipment to access social networking sites.
These social network statistics are a snapshot in time, but can give one a perspective of the direction of the use of these media. For those in business, it is beneficial to consider who your customer is and how it is best to communicate with them. Company websites may not hold the lure and information needed for you customers in today’s environment.
Potential customers can be identified through proper use of such sites with the proper social network analysis.
For communicating with family and friends, these social networking sites and others are roaring ahead of an number of traditional methods. Stay up with this part of the internet development as it will continue to change.
See how the internet can improve your brain functions by visiting our Technology For Seniors page.
|Learn more about Social Networking:|
LinkedIn Login ~ LinkedIn Profile ~ Baby Boomers Technology _______________________________
Return from Social Networking Statistics to Start a Social Networking
Return from Social Networking Statistics to Enjoy Retirement Jobs Home Page